Monday 24 March 2014

OOTN Matalan Midi Skirt

Last week I picked up this amazing midi skirt from Matalan! I'm not usually one for a midi skirt as I usually feel quite restrained if it's tight fitting and I'm wearing heels. However this skirt is so comfortable to wear and the bottom hits just around the knee depending on your height. You can adjust this though as the material is stretchy enough to wear on the waist or the hips.



This skirt honestly is nothing like I've ever seen Matalan do before. I love Matalan for basics and cardigans but recently they have been on top form when it comes to fashionable pieces to bring your wardrobe into summer.They're also selling these which I'm eager to also pick up, all equally as fashionable and well priced.




When I  first saw the skirt it looked like it would cost £30+ if it was in Topshop, when I saw it was only £12 I couldn't believe it! This skirt is so fashionable in respect to it's style and colour. The colour is a pastel pink which is fast becoming the colour of 2014 spring/summer as I've mentioned before on my blog, this also makes the skirt wearable for day as well as night. I'll be wearing this skirt all year as I think it would look incredible with a fluffy knit jumper when the winter parties roll around again. Not to mention the mesh insert, which really reminds me of the new Misguided line by Nicole Scherzinger as well as other skirts I've seen in Topshop in the past.


It gives it, what I can only describe as, a sort of futuristic feel I've seen on celebrities such as Rihanna. I think it's both elegant and fun, perfect for a night out or a date. I wore it with rose gold pointed heels from Call It Spring and a loose fitting vest I found in Primark for £2, a matching clutch from New Look and Topshop Milkshake nail varnish.



Hope you all like it!

Emma x




6 comments:

  1. oh wow! Great find. I never really look in there anymore as the prices have gone up! But I need to look again soon.

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They've been surprising me recently, went in again today and they've got some really nice matching tops and blazers too! x

      Delete
  2. Such a bargain! I nearly bought a really similar pink pencil skirt from Zara on the weekend but think I'll have to track this one down instead :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really comfy too, not tight at all! My local matalan doesn't have it in yet but I know the bigger ones like Southampton do, I spoke to a lady today instore and she said this range will me filtering in gradually! Hope this helps xx

      Delete
  3. I love pink and I love the way the pastel midi-skirt from Matalan hugs your lovely figure. You look amazing and I'm certain you look even more fabulous in it viewed from the back. Your pale pink skirt looks wonderful styled with your Primark vest and will look beautiful styled in many other OOTDs in the future. I love it. The prices were real bargains too!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Yeah I love a bargain xx

      Delete