Monday 17 March 2014

MUA Power Pout

For 2014 my New Year's Resolution was to wear more colour. So I've decided to start wearing different colours on my lips as I always use nude colours or just a lip balm. I didn't ever think that colours would suit me and I didn't think I'd be brave enough at all so I thought I'd start off with something sheer and cheap. That's when I came across the MUA Power Pouts in Superdrug! They come in a huge variety and they're only £3! I picked up a Red/Coral, Pink and Fuchsia.


The colours in order are... Justify, Rendezvous and Irreplaceable.

All the colours are very pigmented apart from the Justify (the red/coral) which just gives the lips a warm pink tint. Despite this I like to line my lips just in case the colour starts to smudge and although Justify isn't incredibly pigmented it works really well to gloss up a orange/red lipstick I've just bravely bought!
The Lipstick is In Love With Ginger Moisture Review Lipstick by Rimmel and the lip liner is Rimmels Exaggerate Full Colour lip liner in Eastend Snob.

So the first colour is the pink/nude colour - Rendezvous which is probably the safest. It's an incredibly beautiful colour and the formulation of these lip crayons are so smooth and draw onto your lips so fluidly! They're definitely a dupe for the Clinique Chubby Stick as you can probably tell. This crayon really gives that 'your lips but better' look and is beautifully muted, great to wear with bold eye makeup and also day to day.




The second colour I'm going to talk about is the Fusciha colour -Irreplacable which pleasently suprised me. I didn't think this would suit me at all and I'd end up looking like a barbie clown but it's amazing. Not to mention this colour gives the lip a stain which is great when it starts to wear off. However don't worry these lip crayons are so easy to reapply, with other lip products I often find when reapplying they either smudge or they become 'flakey', but this product doesn't do that at all so it's great to wear all day/night long! This colour gives a pop to my makeup and makes my teeth look whiter. 

Finally I use the last crayon Justify with my new Rimmel moisture renew lipstick in In Love With Ginger where it acts as a gloss more than a colour/stain. This is because it matches up perfectly and as I said before comes in handy when reapplying and needing to smooth the colour out. I never in a million years thought I'd wear orange lipstick but it looks really fresh and warms up my complexion. Not to mention it's a great statement lip suitable for both night and day and it's fast becoming this spring/ summer trend. 
All these lip crayons are wearable and affordable so don't be afraid and add some colour to your make up this spring! 

Emma x


1 comment:

  1. All three of these MUA Power Pouts suit you beautifully! Don't be afraid of bold colors my dear! The combination of Justify and In Love with Ginger is the perfect pair for this summer! You are definitely spot on trend ma'am! =)

    I enjoyed reading your review very much! Thank you for sharing! xx

    Liz | myprettyobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete