Sunday 14 September 2014

Disappointing Foxy Locks

I had always wanted Foxy Locks extensions for such a long time I'm a big follower of the creator Imogen who I'd watched on youtube and who's hair I'd always admired. I finally bit the bullet three months ago and purchased the 165g set of latte blonde for £78 just like Imogen. I followed by getting my hair matched to the colour (not at my usual hairdresser because she was on holiday) the colour wasn't too far off and I was ok with that I'd had trouble with orange and pink undertones in extensions before and usually it was a case of toning my hair to match. It didn't work. 6 weeks later my usual hairdresser who knows so much about colouring and so much about my hair matched my hair up it was much better but the extensions just started to become more and more pink. I think this is down to heat use. The extentions were thicker than Wildest Dreams my favourite brand of extensions but they didn't react to heat very well. I've always been able to keep a curl in previous brands of extensions but even if I pin curled my hair several hours before a date, day or night out the curls soon dropped to straight after an hour. They didn't always fall the way I wanted them to either. I found the clips incredibly scratchy, they latch onto your hair and rip parts out. My hair has now thinned down the sides due to this. They are uncomfortable to wear for more that 3/4 hours and whenever I leant my head to rest. I've been wearing clip ins for more than 4 years and I have never experienced such poor quality clips. The hair frayed and split after a weeks use despite using gentle heat and Loreal heat protection. Also I had to resow 2 clips that ended up falling off. 
I have never been so disappointed in clip ins and in future I'll be sticking to what I know. They were such a waste of time and money. I hate to give bad reviews but here is one. 


(An example of the curls dropping out - sorry for the bad quality.) 



Sorry for ranting but I would not choose the extensions ever again. 
Emma x 

No comments:

Post a Comment